Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cupcakes

So, here I am again at college, baking when I have the chance, and me, being the silly person that I am, gave up desserts and sweets for Lent. Poor me......

However, that does not stop me from baking! When inspiration hits, you must follow it. So, I followed my inspiration for what was on my tastebuds, even though I could not have it, and that turned into the wonderfulness of Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate cupcakes. Or, if you like shorter names, I blissfully renamed them Reese's Cupcakes.

I must apologize for the quality of the picture; I'm no photographer, so it's not as pretty as it could be. Plus, it was nighttime when I took the photo (bad choice for lighting)

I really did think that these were beautiful, dipped in a chocolate ganache for the icing. The only thing I would change about it would be the filling. It's a good consistency, but there wasn't enough. Instead of piping it into the cupcake, I think it'll be better next time to cut a small cone out of the top and spreading the filling into it. This might make dipping more difficult, but it'll give you more filling in each bite, which is what's important.

This is definitely a recipe to keep!

2 comments:

Dana in Georgia said...

Peanut butter and chocolate!! Who can resist? I'll bet they're all gone :)

Dana in Georgia said...

But before I eat mine? I'd like to have one of these.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/03/ginger-steak-salad/